Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Surviving Week 1

Yay! I made it!

While this week started out on a rough note, it has picked up and ended positively. I have really enjoyed working with each of the students and my precious co-teacher, Melissa. The children seem to mesh well together despite their difference in abilities. I was quite surprised by their math and reading skills. Many of them are on grade level or just below, with the exception of a few.

I am looking forward to a new week to start exploring time to the hour and half hour and reading fluency and high frequency sight words.

See ya next week!


5 comments:

  1. Hi co-teaching friend,

    You are a natural! The kids adore you. And you're certainly no jerk! :)

    I couldn't have picked a better teacher to work with this summer! Thanks for collaborating with me (on everything!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely has been an exciting week! I think your class is a lot of fun and the kids are adorable! Look forward to seeing more of your class next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty great blog post. Co-teachers are very important for surviving this experience. You guys are great teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and Melissa are a GREAT team. It's wonderful to see students with varying abilities work together and learn from each other. I think sometimes when I've been substituting for other teachers, they lose sight of how great cooperative learning is because they can't "control" it. Can't wait to hear about next week!

    Also, I have a large foam clock if you want to use it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we are all breathing a sigh of relief that this week is behind us. :)

    Glad your class is going so well! I know your students are having fun! You two are great teachers and I'm sure your students love the class and will learn a lot!

    Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete